Monday, March 05, 2018

brain blog - getting moody

I think we are somewhere around day 12 or 13. Progress is now steady but decidedly slow. In the first two weeks I slept a lot and it wasn't really something to think about it just was what needed to happen. I really wasn't in the mood for a lot of TV or radio or noise or company.

Now is when it gets a little bit harder. I look a lot more okay I'm a little stronger and yet everything still takes what feels like a Herculean effort. I still love the idea of laying in my bed with my eyes closed. It feels the best.

I'm also reminded daily how lucky I am to have a husband that cares for me so much family that was able to be here for almost 2 weeks and have the finances to Simply take the time off that I need to to heal. Again, it doesn't feel like there's really much of a choice to the healing but rather working to tolerance.

When we scheduled the surgery , my parents had a trip planned. I don't think any of us and the thought that they might actually be able to go. However, tomorrow, they are off on a plane Atlantic Ocean and they say. It is a little unnerving to know they will be so far away but honestly if we've made it this far I don't see anything going terribly wrong at this point. Mom was here for about 11 days and dad was here for about a week. Again I'm not sure how we could have done this without them.

No comments: