Monday, April 27, 2020

And still more masks

 As of today I've made approximately 45 masks. I know there are many people who have made hundreds but I'm finding that all I can manage is a small batch each weekend. That said, I'm super happy to have been able to provide some safety and support for people locally, people I know and even some people I don't know.
 Most of the people I don't know came from a lovely happenstance of a woman in South Bend Indiana who actually has a business of the same name, of The Stitch is Back. She was on TV talking about her work in South Bend and told people to go to her Facebook page. Well apparently they googled the name of her company and found my company and I had a bizarre blip in visits to my Facebook page and orders. I fulfilled some of them told many people that they're looking for somebody else because there's no way I could have filled all those orders anyway. And it didn't feel right to just take her customers. Last weekend was pretty funny because I started sewing like crazy after those calls came in but it managed to even out between masks I could make and sending people back to the right company. I felt very popular there for a few hours :)

No comments: